Non-surgical and impermanent, there’s no hospital stay, recovery time, or the usual risks associated with having surgery.
The Allurion Balloon once filled, is about the size of a medium grape fruit and occupies about 60% of your stomach, hence creating a feeling of fullness which makes you eat less and feel full for longer.
The balloon is made from a material called polyurethane, which is 85% lighter than other silicone gastric balloons (Orbera 365, Spatz, BiB, Reshape). We believe that this makes the Allurion balloon gentler on the stomach, and more malleable, rather than sitting on one spot. This has lead to much higher tolerance levels for patients in contrast to other balloons, although there is no official data confirming this – yet.
The Capsule and Catheter
The vegan capsule encases the deflated balloon and is attached to a thin wire (catheter) that is used to transmit the distilled water into the balloon. This catheter is radio opaque, meaning it is clearly visible on x-ray for the doctor to identify the location of the attached capsule before filling of the balloon commences.
After filling has completed, and one more x-ray to confirm positioning of the balloon, the doctor gently pulls on the catheter which detaches from the balloon and removes the catheter.
Dr Arun Dhir
Upper GI and Bariatric Surgeon, Sr Lecturer
(University of Melbourne)
Dr Arun Dhir is a weight-Loss surgeon, author and Director at Body Genesis Institute.
Dr Arun is the first Surgeon to do the Allurion Balloon in Victoria.He leads a team that believes in a Holistic approach to weight management and has developed several tools that can assist you in creating lasting transformation.
Cost of the Allurion Gastric Balloon
At Centre for Weight Loss we pride ourselves in providing a holistic approach to our gastric balloon patients.
Cost of the balloon: $6,950*
1. Consultation with our dietitian
2. Cost of placing the balloon
3. Smart scale and smart watch
4. Lifetime membership of our Facebook support group
5. Hard copy of Health and Wellbeing journal created by Dr Arun for weight management
6. Hard copy of Dr Arun’s book “Happy Gut, Healthy Weight”
7. Two bulk billed follow up consultations with Dr Arun
8. Two follow up dietitian appointments
9. Ongoing access to our bariatric medical doctor for support.
- The above cost does not take into consideration any additional cost that may be involved in taking out a medical loan or a payment plan with a third party.
- Some patients may need a medication called Akynezeo 300mg to control nausea. This is decided by the doctor during the pre procedure
- consultation. The approximate cost of this medication is $125 per capsule. An individual will only need one capsule generally speaking. This will be at an additional cost.
If for some reason you are unable to tolerate the balloon and it requires an earlier extraction via endoscopy, this will incur additional costs.
Talk to our Surgeons to see if the Allurion Gastric Balloon is the best option for you!
Your Weight is Over!
Discover 5 strategies to lasting transformation with the Allurion Gastric balloon.
Everything you needed to know about the Allurion Balloon
Considering the next step in your weight loss journey? Contact us to find out more about our holistic approach or to book your consultation.
Centre for Weight Loss 213, 12 Ormond Blvd, Bundoora VIC 3083
Mon-Fri – 9am-5pm
© 2022 Body Genesis Institute. All rights reserved.