How much does Weight Loss Surgery cost?
With Private Health Insurance
The cost of these weight loss surgery options varies. Some cost estimates for gastric surgery patients with Medicare and private health cover are listed below. The FEE for your weight loss surgery will depend on your surgical needs and how long you’ll be in surgery.
- Bariatric Surgery needs and weight loss surgery suitability will vary from patient to patient.
- The amount of time you’ll be in theatre for your weight loss surgery depends on the gastric surgery procedure performed and other factors such as your overall health.
- Some individuals have conditions that require extensive customisation, special modes of anaesthetic or longer times in theatre to manage surgery risks.
- Other individuals may have anatomy challenges that result in more time in theatre.
Medicare Item Number: 31575
Hospital Private Cover- This is your Health Fund excess
Out of Pocket * $6799.55
Rebate to you : $849.55
Costs may vary for revisional surgery
Medicare Item Number: 31572
Hospital Private Cover- Your Health Fund excess
Out of Pocket* $7995.40 Rebate to you = $1045.40
We highly recommend taking out private health insurance before a gastric bypass.Costs may vary for revision surgery
* These are approximate costs only and may vary based on your individual situation. Please discuss with our Patient Advisor and your Surgeon.
Revisions surgery needs vary greatly from patient to patient. Please discuss this with your Surgeon.
If you need more than one procedure performed, please discuss this with our Surgeons.
Understanding Medicare GAP Fees
for Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery
To best understand how much weight loss surgery costs, for your gastric surgery procedure such as a gastric sleeve, gastric band (lapband) or gastric bypass, please schedule an in person consultation with Specialist Dr Arun Dhir. Phone us now on (03) 9466 7799 or send an enquiry to us via our contacts page.
Dr Dhir and his leading Melbourne weight loss surgery team will help you find out precisely what your personal surgery requirements are, as well as provide you with a Surgery Quote and lifestyle support options to help you improve your BMI.
You can ask Dr Dhir and his team what they consider to be your best weight loss surgery options as well as how to best prepare for weight loss surgery to enable a successful result.
Remember, too, that surgery sometimes ends up being more complex than initially planned. This is not uncommon as theatre times depend on many factors; including how your body responds to having a procedure AND your overall health levels.
For most individuals, however, the quoted amount will be equal to what you’ll be paying for your procedure.